Student Leadership Model
The ministry council exists to serve as the voice of the student body to the staff and as the primary ambassadors of Catholic Hoos to our community. To live out this role faithfully, council members receive spiritual and leadership formation, lead by oversight of a committee, and intentionally pray for the ministry, helping to shepherd the work of Catholic Hoos as stewards of our mission and vision.
The role of the president is to provide representation and leadership on behalf of the students of the ministry to the staff, guide the ministry council as chair, and set a humble example of vibrant Catholic leadership.
- Attend weekly campus ministry staff meeting
- Weekly 1:1 meetings with Associate Director
- Chair weekly ministry council meetings
- Lead a weekly council Holy Hour for the needs of the ministry and commit to individual prayer for the ministry
- Regular ministry of presence at campus ministry events, activities, and servant-leader committee meetings
The role of council members is to help the president in leadership and prayer of the ministry. This is accomplished by participation in council meetings addressing the health and overarching vision of the ministry, overseeing servant-leader committees and their execution of regular events and activities, and receiving and utilizing spiritual and leadership formation to be leaders in mission and service for Catholic Hoos.
- Weekly 1:1 meetings with Associate Director with focus of spiritual and leadership formation
- Chair monthly servant-leader committee meetings
- Participate in a weekly council Holy Hour for the needs of the ministry and commit to individual prayer for the ministry
- Regular ministry of presence at campus ministry events and activities
Servant-leader committees exist to collaboratively execute the day-to-day events and activities of the ministry. Committees meet at least once monthly.
- Attend monthly committee meetings
- Regularly check in with council chair and team to collaboratively execute goals and assigned tasks
Nominations for student leadership will be collected from Tuesday, November 7th until Sunday, November 12th at 11:59PM.
- Note: nominations are generally for leadership positions, not specifically president or the council, and will be used to reach out to students to check their interest and availability, gauge student sentiments, and staff the above roles.
- Self-nominations are welcomed!
- Nominees will be contacted by staff to consult on their availability and willingness to serve if selected.
- President will be selected by appointment by team of staff, FOCUS missionaries, and outgoing chair/president via a mini-discernment retreat after consultation with outgoing student core team/council.
- Council members will be selected in consultation with the incoming president, taking into account nominations from president pool, influence and prior leadership in the ministry, and needed balance of a cohesive team.
- Servant-leader committee members will be selected in consultation with incoming ministry council members with the same considerations as above at the start of next semester.
Nominations open until Sunday, November 12th at 11:59pm
Town Hall: Tuesday, November 7th at 6pm
Council announcement and blessing: Sunday, December 3rd at 9pm
Committee invitations: Beginning of spring semester